C.H.A.D. can be defeated by simply avoiding his attacks until the keys for each section of the level are collected, causing a pool of blood at the bottom of the level to rise, which will bring you to the next section of the level. Contact with the pool or C.H.A.D. will kill Meat Boy. When the top of the level is reached, collecting the fourth and final key will allow sunlight to enter, drastically reducing C.H.A.D.'s size to about half the size of Meat Boy. Then, Meat Boy kicks him away.
- C.H.A.D.'s name is a parody of the monster C.H.U.D., from the movie C.H.U.D..
- In the Ultra Edition manual, C.H.A.D. had a "fart attack" that causes Betuses to come out of the blood lake.
- This was cut from the game because it would make the boss a little too difficult.
- It is noted that when C.H.A.D. shrinks, he looks exactly like the main character from the Newgrounds flash game Spewer.
- According to the Ultra Edition manual, the developers would have to change the ESRB rating if everyone knows what C.H.A.D. really means. It is possible that C.H.A.D.'s name is just simply Chad.
- C.H.A.D. Makes a second appearance in Edmund McMillen's other game The Binding of Isaac as a boss. He drops the item "Little C.H.A.D."
- If you get the second key of the boss level fast enough, the screen will continue scrolling without stopping saving time. - This is deemed the "C.H.A.D. Skip" by many speedrunners.
- The boss music in this level is called C.H.A.D.s Lullaby.